Chicago First Church of the Nazarene was organized on August 28, 1904, in a tent on Lexington Avenue in Chicago. In October, 1904 they purchased a church at 6417 Eggleston, Chicago, where they worshipped until 1912. They tore that building down and built a new one a half block down the street at 64th and Eggleston. The congregation worshipped at the Eggleston location until 1953 when a new church was built at 83rd and Damen. Chicago First Church worshipped in the city of Chicago for 70 years before moving to the present location at 12725 Bell Road, Lemont, Illinois in 1974.
In the early part of the 21st century, Chicago First Nazarene accepted the call to renovate an abandoned church building at 500 North Laramie on Chicago's west side in the Austin neighborhood. The renovation process was completed in October of 2005. An after-school and summer day camp ministry began in March of 2006. The Chicago Central District passed over ownership of the building to Chicago First Nazarene in June of 2007. A new extension congregation began in January 2008 in the Austin facility, making Chicago First Nazarene a two-campus church.